Playing with Mud
From adolescence onward, mud has always been either a textile dream come true or a loathed nightmare for many people. The idea of it slathered on your skin, or squished between your toes might make you cringe, or take you to your happy place of childhood memories. While children, there were so many reasons to get down and dirty, but then adulthood hit and mud puddles became a thing of the past. Well, it’s time to put down the tech! #TreatYoself and play in the mud again! A mud mask is the perfect way to re-live that experience. Below are our top ten reasons how a childhood nostalgia of mud can benefit you into the future.
Mud Mask: the fun mud!
- Hungarian Wellness Mud has 60% Silicon Dioxide. Silica is the building block of collagen from skin to bone that helps hold collagen tissue together, thus leaving you with youthful and radiant looking skin! Talk about reliving our youth!
- Can help ease the discomfort and appearance of sunburns because it is a natural anti-inflammatory. If you’ve been frolicking in the sun with no protection, don’t fret! An application of Mud Puddle® mixed with a bit of Restore™ Lotion will draw that pain (and redness) right out! Then, follow up with cooling agents like pure Aloe Vera.
- Helps to get rid of and prevent ingrown hairs. As part of AP’s Full Circle of Skin Conditioning™ program, Mud Puddle® will help calm the skin, repair it and draw out the ingrown hair all at the same time. How’s that for multitasking!
- Diminishes the appearance of cellulite. Coupled with massage, it helps to stimulate circulation, flush out fat deposits, and detox the area.
- Can aid in pain management due to its thermal properties, allowing it to penetrate deeply into the skin. It can be used as a hot pack or a cold pack as well.
- Spot treat blemishes by drawing out oils and toxins.
- Calms skin and histamine reactions after hair removal. No more walking around with a red upper lip!
- Can use in a bath in order to let our bodies fully soak up the silica and draw out any skin impurities. 1 to 2 cups of Mud Puddle® mixed in with your bath water should do the trick!
- An AMAZING way to bring the spa home with you! Which leads us to #10:
- DRINK PAIRINGS! While your mud mask is drying, why not relax with a favorite cocktail. This one by Ryan Magarian is a FAVE amongst the office staff!
What’s your favorite Mud Puddle® benefit? Let us know in the comments section below! Are you a professional who wants to learn more? Check out our classes where you learn the history and benefits of Hungarian Wellness Mud body treatments as well as set-up, marketing and hands-on practice.